Aura High-Load tensile machine is part of the series of systems able to perform tests with loads of up to 300 T employs three ball screws, a load cell sized according to requirements (1500 to 3000 kN) and automatic double-actuator hydraulic grips (it’s perfect for measuring tensile strength of rebars, for instance). Reference standards are, among the others, ISO 6892-1, ASTM A370, ISO 10180, ISO 15630, DIN 488 and JIS G3112. Aura 1500-3000 kN can mount a video extensometer (contactless) ideal also for higher temperature tensile tests. Load cell reading happens 1000 times/second (1000 Hz), with a maximum resolution of 200.000 divisions. Aura comes with EasyQs, the software developed by Easydur on the Windows 10/11 operating system.
The Aura series consists of different electromechanical machines for tensile, compression, bending and shear tests.
Depending on the materials, applications and loads required by customers, governed by international testing standards, Easydur can offer solutions tailored to their needs.
The high-load Aura series includes tensile testers capable of performing tensile tests with loads of up to 300 tonnes.
In this configuration, Aura tensile machine boasts a solid steel structure with no less than three ball screws, a load cell sized according to requirements (1500 to 3000 kN) and automatic hydraulic grips (in this case, double-actuator hydraulic grips, for the perfect symmetry) that guarantee a better hold than other types of fastening components (such as mechanical grips, or pneumatic grips).
This makes Aura the perfect machine for tensile tests on concrete reinforcing steel (in construction industry, it is important to measure tensile strength of rebar for ensuring structural robustness) and steel strands according to ISO 6892-1, as well as for tensile tests on large work pieces in general. Other reference standards for tensile tests on improved adhesion rebars are ASTM A370, ISO 10180, ISO 15630, DIN 488 and JIS G3112.
PRECISION ACCESSORIES FOR HIGH LOAD TENSILE MACHINE, ALSO FOR HIGH TEMPERATURE TESTS
The 1500 to 3000 kN Aura tensile testing machine can be equipped with a state-of-the-art video extensometer (no-contact). Compared to contact mechanical extensometers, this accessory ensures greater accuracy, a total lack of friction with the sample, significantly reduced maintenance and simplified calibration.
The video extensometer is the ideal instrument for both static materials testing at room temperature and higher temperature tensile tests (from cryogenic temperatures up to 1200°C, especially in those cases in which the aim is obtaining structural robustness in any condition), performed using ovens or climatic chambers.
During this type of test, the machine applies a tensile force in a controlled environment, which reproduces certain climatic conditions that can occur inside production facilities, at high altitudes and even inside engines.
A common tensile testing machine (also known as tensile tester) with climatic chamber requires two different mechanical extensometers, one in ceramic for high-temperature tests and one for room temperature tests, whereas the solution designed by Easydur performs both tests with a single video extensometer.
All these features make Aura a fully versatile testing system, able to perform any kind of material tests, and to meet the needs of every type of company and sector.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE AURA 1500 KN HIGH LOAD TENSILE MACHINE
- Absolute automatic reset
- Relative reset with respect to opening
- Test diagram
- Elasticity and rigidity diagrams
- Interface for acquiring data from external devices such as gauges and comparators
- Integrated network card, USB
- Electronic handwheel for manual movements with 0.003 mm precision
- Media, sigma, gaussian curves, CP, CPK Module start
ELECTROMECHANICAL TENSILE MACHINE
In addition to the solid mechanics, the electronics of this testing machine are also entirely designed and manufactured in-house at Easydur: the system used makes use of brushless motors, which work with ball screws and receive feedback from absolute encoders, so that the position can be detected at all times.
The electronics of Easydur machines take advantage of several boards engineered and manufactured in-house, which control the axes and read the cell, to ensure accurate force or position movements. Load cell reading takes place 1000 times per second (1000 Hz), with a resolution of up to 200,000 divisions.
The electronics configured in this way increase performance and protect the entire system, which operates with sinusoidal stress cycles. The 1500 kN to 3000 kN loading cell is protected from overload even when not in use. The release of the axis is automatic in case of out of scale value or unforeseen impact.
EASYQS TESTING SOFTWARE FOR MATERIAL TESTING
The testing software, called EasyQs, is entirely developed by Easydur on the Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating system. It’s the result of Easydur’s continuous research, combined with the careful gathering of the feedback of our customers, acquired during more than 38 years of activity.
It ensures the internal management of the archives, and allows the drafting of statistics and certificates in Excel format, which can be customised and exported for archiving or certification purposes.
Thanks to the practical user interface with industrial touch screen display, the EasyQs testing software allows the user to immediately set all the parameters, as well as display detailed test results (parameters, charts) and store various test recipes and standardised tests, which can be recalled as required.
The control panel also has physical buttons, joysticks and a precision hand wheel, so that the test can even be started and run without accessing the software.
Moreover, thanks to the PC on the machine, our technical department will be able to guarantee competent and immediate video support, and the distribution of software updates and upgrades.
WHAT KIND OF TESTING CAN BE DONE ON THE HIGH LOAD TENSILE MACHINE?
- Tensile strength (Rm)
- Maximum tensile force achieved (Fm)
- Upper (ReH, according to ISO 6892-1) and lower (ReL) unit yield strength
- Minimum yield strength
- Unit yield strength, “offset method” (Rp0.2)
- Deformations (elongations L%)
- Max/min width
- UTS (Ultimate Tensile Strength)
- RA% (necking/reduction area)
- Transverse strain ε trans
- Axial strain ε axial
- Poisson’s Ratio ν= -ε_trans)/ε_axial
- Break characteristics
TESTING MACHINES AND INDUSTRY 4.0: LOOKING TO THE FUTURE OF MATERIAL TESTING
Consistently with Easydur’s philosophy of continuously striving for the best technological and mechanical performance, thanks to the OPC-UA protocol each testing system is compatible with the Industry 4.0 standards.
In fact, Easydur customers can benefit from the full potential of our machines, as well as the possibility of producing reports and statistics (such as OEE, or Overall Equipment Effectiveness), interfacing the instruments with different management software, and checking the performance levels of the company at any time, applying the necessary corrective actions.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MOST REQUESTED ACCESSORIES FOR THIS KIND OF TESTING MACHINE: CONTACT US FOR OTHER SPECIAL NEEDS
- Custom grippers according to the shape of the specimen
- With “V” section
- With round section (for instance for testing steel rebars)
- With flat section
- With dedicated fastenings/hooks for ropes/wires
- Double-actuator hydraulic grips
- Mechanical extensometers of various kind
- Optical extensometers with cameras (contactless video extensometers)
- Furnaces and climatic chambers for high- and low-temperature tensile tests on various materials
HIGH-LOAD TENSILE MACHINE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Max Load (N)
- Min division (N)
- Free working height (mm)
- Distance between grips (mm)
- Min division (µm)
- Speed (mm/min)
- Data acquisition rate
- Precision class (10% load)
- Power supply
- Aura 1500 kN
- 1 kHz
- Single phase 230 V / Three-phase 480 V (50-60 Hz)
- Aura 3000 kN
- 1 kHz
- Single phase 230 V / Three-phase 480 V (50-60 Hz)
FIELDS OF USE AND REFERENCE STANDARDS FOR ISO, EN, ASTM TENSILE TESTS
- Tensile tests on pipes and tubes: ISO 3183, ISO 6892-1, ASTM A370
- Tensile tests of metals with climatic chamber (Standard Test Methods for Elevated Temperature Tension Tests of Metallic Materials): ASTM E21, ISO 6892-2, ISO 6892-3, GOST 9651
- Bend tests on metal specimens (Bend Testing of Material for Ductility): ISO 7438, ISO 5173, ASTM E190, ASTM E290
- Tensile tests on welded metals: ISO 4136, ISO 5178, ISO 5173
- Tensile tests on cast and forged products: ISO 3266, EN 818-X, EN 1677-X
- Tensile tests on hot-rolled steel: ISO 6892-1
- Tensile tests on steel for reinforced and reinforced and pre-compressed concrete (tensile strength of rebar for high structural robustness): ISO 15630, DIN 488, JIS G3112