Easyindent is a testing machine specially designed for measuring indentation hardness on a very wide range of materials such as foams, polyurethane foams and sponges. It is therefore widely used in the automotive sector, where there is a need to fully understand the upholstery characteristics of components such as seats, headrests, armrests and much more, complying with the most common standards and regulations applicable to areas ranging from safety to comfort and convenience.
Easydur offers different models of Easyindent to meet every indentation hardness test requirement: we are mainly talking of a benchtop model and a floor-standing model, each one customisable and with the possibility of fitting, in addition to the indenters, special grippers to perform tensile tests (up to breaking point or not) on fabrics, textiles, leather, eco-leather, rubber and much more.
The generously sized (customisable) bottom plate is drilled in line with the regulations and can be tilted, while the top plate is available in all shapes and has articulated joints. This is what makes Easyindent a really universal testing solution, in true Easydur style.
Instrumented indentation hardness testing
This type of test is carried out on mattresses, armchairs and chairs following the DIN 53579-1 standard. The object is to ensure the perfect comfort of the end product.
The indentation hardness test is normally performed by foam manufacturers and companies that use foam in their production. The sequences of the test are fully customisable using our EasyQs software, so that all necessary aspects of the tested material can be evaluated.
EasyQs also offers the possibility of creating “test wizards”, to help follow set procedures based on the most common methods (such as ASTM D3574 and ISO 2439).
Thanks to the EasyQs software, entirely developed by Easydur, all these compression and stress tests, characterised by different standardised procedures, can be programmed quickly and easily:
- Step 1: Zero-force sample height detection
- Step 2: Execution of 3 pre-load cycles
- Step 3: Zero-force sample height detection after the pre-load cycles
- Step 4: Measurement of fatigue cycles
Easyindent: flexible foam test equipment according to worldwide standards
- ASTM D 3574 – ISO 3386: Compression Hardness “Foam Force Deflection Testing” (Fatigue Testing)
- ISO 2439: “Determination of Hardness on Flexible Cellular Polymeric Materials”
- ASTM D3574-E -ASTM D3574-F – ISO 1798 – ISO 8067: “Tensile properties / Tear Strength”
- ASTM D1621 – ISO 844 – EN 826: “Compression Tests on Hard Foams”
- EN 1607: Determination of tensile strength perpendicular to faces
- ISO 7616: Determination of compressive creep under specified load and temperature conditions
Standard for Flexible Foams
- ISO 1209-1: “General Bending Test”
- ISO 1209-2: “Determination of Flexural Strength and apparent Flexural Elasticity Modulus”
- ISO 1922: “Determination of Shear Strength”
- ISO 1926: “Determination of Tensile Properties”
Compression Stress Values
are mainly used in Automotive sector, the most important car manufacturers perform that kind of mechanical test (on their seats) according to their own Standards:
- GME-GMI 6028-3 / GMW 15471: General Motors Corporation
- PV 3410: Volkswagen
- D 41003 /D411541: PSA (Peugeot)
- TSM 7100 G Section 4.2: Toyota
- QV 52009-1: BMW
Our Easyindent is also conceived for Testing on Textile Fabrics and Coated Textiles:
Thank to our EasyQs Multi-testing software and our mechanical flexibility, our customers will also be able to perform Tensile Test according to standards:
- EN ISO 13934-1 / EN ISO 13937-2
- EN ISO 9073-4
- ISO 3303
- EN ISO 12236
Last but not least, we can of course perform tensile strength of leather test according to standard ASTM D2209