15 Apr SCANNER LASER E1 – E2
No optical measurement system can be considered free from limitations due to the dimensions of the parts being examined and to the lighting method. Often the inspection of faults is carried out with vision systems based on many video cameras and traditional lighting devices, with high installation and calibration costs.
In particular the measurements performed by the system are:
- E1/E2 parallelism and perpendicularity;
- Grinding angle;
- Diameter of the whole wire of the spring;
- Total number of coils;
- Diameter and height of each coil;
- Spring pitch on each coil;
- Thickness of the last coil;
- Height and flatness of the spring;
- Spring concentricity on the last coil;
- Inter-coil gap;
- To reduce the costs linked to the number of cameras and lighting devices in the measurement system.
- To control 100% production with an increase of the production and calibration rates.
The application of the artificial vision system for the dimensional control of railway spring with the Laser scanning system has allowed the following goals to be achieved:
- Replacement of traditional video cameras and of the lighting system with just one instrument: the Laser scanner.
- Immunity from colour contrast of parts and from disturbances of the environmental light.
- 3D measurement system with resolution up to +/-0.05 mm without requiring calibration operations.
- Simplification of automation and of plant maintenance.
- The innovative method of control and the sophisticated software algorithms applied to the images guarantee high efficiency of the optical control and the reliable measurement of all the dimensions of the spring contemplated by the legislation in force.